Monday, September 1, 2008

Boys & Bugs....Bugs & Boys

Bryce was screaming to Jason and I that we HAD TO COME to the backyard as we were all getting packed up and loaded into the car ready to head out and feed the geese yesterday (post to come later about that FUN!). Neither of us were sure what was going on in our yard~ was he scared of something or was he excited about something? We couldn't tell from his call...

It turned out that the scream was a SUPER EXCITED 'come here guys'! Look what our little bug lover found on our fence... A locust/cicada (I do not know what the difference is and really have to research this for B as he had a ton of questions about the little critters)

He has been finding and collecting the shells and has quite an army of them amassed in a Tonka dumptruck outside. But, this was the first time he had seen one coming out of its shell. I have to admit, even though I'm not a bug lovin' girl, it was kind of cool to see!

Ewww!

11 comments:

Shannon said...

Yes, I am going to have to go with, "EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!" :) I am not a bug person! :)

Anonymous said...

EEWWWWW only a boy would love that!

Rae said...

Um, ick. Is this what I have to look forward to when JK gets older?

cherry said...

rofl......boys and bugs...bugs and boys...they go hand in hand. Did you see I posted your link on my blog? Happy Labor Day, cherrry

trish said...

How cool! I have never seen one actually come out of a shell. Your son must be having a great time collecting them all. They make the neatest sounds! :o) The live ones!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Ps. Love bugs! And bees. Hate snakes!

Amanda said...

EW! The joys of having boys!!

Your weekend projects sound INTERESTING.. you'll need to do a post and share the finished product. ;)

It's amazing how much "junk" you can accumulate in one year.. enough for a garage sale. We have them every year and sometimes even twice a year. I hate doing them, but worth it when it's ALL DONE!

TTYS!! ~Amanda

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh my...I have to say ICK like everyone else! :) I guess it comes with the territory if you have a boy! You asked about the clock on my little table in my photo...came from Pottery Barn! About 4 years ago, so not sure if they still have them, but I love it! Have a great week!! Oh, and I have a little award to give to you tomorrow on my blog!

Amber M. said...

Sheesh, boys and their bugs. Seriously yucky.

Jeni said...

yuck and cool. crazy how much noise those little suckers make.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I agree....boy and bugs...they go hand in hand!

But I will give it an EEEWWWW too!

I usually scream for Nick or Pat when I find one!!

Have a great week!

Lisa

Jenni said...

I guess someone has to love those bugs, because it's not going to be me. The last year we lived in Maryland, we had those locust bugs, well, it seemed everywhere! I hope your son enjoys them! :)

Have a great day! :)