Sunday, October 12, 2008

Yes, it's official~ I'm a klutz!

So, today at Bryce's soccer tourny I was walking across a huge field~ as big as a football field at that~ and I ,of course, stepped right in a big hole! I went down in a flash, tried to stand up and walk and collapsed again. Two fab Moms on the team heard me hollering their names (Jas was a long ways away with Miss Priss, who felt the need to traipse all over the place...freedom for her!). They came over to access the situation. Another Mom came over and her sweet hubby brought me ice. A worried Dad stopped over. Julie nabbed Jas who got the car and drove it over to pick me up. A very LONG trip to the urgicare center revealed no breaks or fractures but it's so swollen he couldn't tell for sure what was going on with the ligaments. I am in an air splint, ace bandage, crutches and can't put weight on it. Oh yea, we have a two story house. Ay yay yay! Leave it to me to pull a stunt like this! I told Bryce I couldn't let his thumb sprain the other week win, I had to one up him ;) I'll have Jason carry up the camera tomorrow so I can try to do some fun photo posts! Happy holiday tomorrow everyone! Fingers crossed that this passes quickly and a follow up on Tuesday reveals nothing major. XO

18 comments:

Rae said...

Oh, man, Les!!! You poor thing! Even though you are swollen and in an air cast and everything else you are still so chipper! Well wishes to you!!!

Jill said...

Oh NO! Feel better soon!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

You poor thing!!

I hope that the swelling subsides soon!

Is Jas around this week? I hope he is not traveling...you will need some help!

Keep us posted!

cherry said...

Soooooooo sorry I hope you mend fast. Glad nothing is broke. You are not a clutz...why the heck was there a hole! Jeeeeseeee. cherry. cherry

Unknown said...

Oh no I hope it gets better soon! I can relate I am such the klutz!

Jeni said...

OMG!..that REALLY stinks. You need to be so careful on the stairs you have....yikes. Hopefully it's nothing that needs fixed...just time.

Jenni said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear you hurt yourself! I hope that you feel all better really soon! Take care of yourself! :)

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Bless your heart! Hope you feel better soon. Get some rest and plenty of Tylenol:)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh my gosh you poor girl! I am so sorry for you! I hope the swelling goes down and that you aren't in too much pain! Keep us posted!
Carrie

Amber M. said...

Oh, honey. I hope you heal quickly.

That so sounds like something I would do. Soul mates? Perhaps...

Melissa said...

Thank God you weren't hurt worse! My nickname in college was Klutzman...a play on my maiden name, Stutzman! So, I can sympathize. I guess we don't get more graceful with age!
Put your feet up and take good care of yourself!

Belinda said...

Leslie,

Hope you are feeling better soon!!
B

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh mY! That is awful...I hope everything will turn out okay! Hang in there!
-Sandy toes

Nicole said...

That sounds so awful. I hope you get feeling better soon. Once at church right as it was getting started I tripped into the organ pit, I felt like such a dork. Take care!!! BTW, I love your new blog look, I want a blog makeover soooooo bad.

Darlene said...

Oh No...I'll hope it heals quickly!!

Twice as Nice said...

Oh, you poor thing!! Sounds like something I would do. Take time for yourself and stay off your feet. Enjoy being pampered :o)

Robin Beck said...

This seriously sounds like something I would do! :) I do hope you heal up real fast~!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment~♥ You have a very classy blog and I love the way you decorate!
Take Care,
Robin~♥

Unknown said...

I know you are the queen of many things, but I have to take the title on this one. I am the biggest klutz that I know. Thank God we bought a one story house because in the last 6 years I've fallen down the stairs like 5 or 6 times. Once was while I was pregnant with my second and my first thought his life was going to end as I was coming his way with a big belly. If there is a leaf on the ground, I'll trip on it. If there is a corner on a table, my hip will hit it. I constantly have bruises to proove my misfortune of being a big klutz. The funny thing is that I was an athlete for so many years ( a good one at that)and now when I hit the dance floor, I luckily keep on my twinkle toes. I am a selective klutz. Hope you feel better soon.