Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Some 'Firsts'

Bryce and Caroline November 2008075


About a week and a half ago Jason was on his first official ORI with the IG team. Bryce and I thought this was something well worth celebrating, so on the day he was due home we filled his car with helium balloons and silver confetti (it was parked in long term parking on base and I had the spare key...bet he takes it with him from now on!). The best part? We hunkered down in the parking lot, spy mode, to see his reaction. Unbeknown to us, all of the IG team who parked in long term parking (there were a LOT of them) were bused to the lot and ALL of them saw Jason's car! He took all the balloons out and tried to stuff them in the trunk...no luck. He just rode home with them all in there! Hilarious, aren't we?!? I haven't laughed that hard in ages!

Bryce and Caroline November 2008011

Another first that week while Jason was away was Miss Priss eating her 1st real apple that wasn't cut up. She loved it!

Bryce and Caroline November 2008014


And the worst first? Caroline got her first black eye, courtesy of a side table in our bedroom. I tried to use a 'boo boo bear' on the spot...tried an ice pack wrapped in a washcloth....nothing worked. What calmed her down you ask? Sitting in her high chair and playing with the bag of ice.

Bryce and Caroline November 2008080


A week later and still black and blue under her left eye. My little bruiser! On a side note~ just a week and a half ago it was mild enough for tees and capris. Those outfits have had to be switched out of her closet to now be replaced with cute sweaters and such. I don't like to be cold, but I do love the winter time!

*I am SO SO SO way behind on blogging and I'm missing it! I am excited to sit, sip coffee and check in on y'alls blogs this week when Priss is napping . See you soon!
XO

26 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Love the stuffed car & that he drove home with it still stuffed full of balloons!! That's just awesome!!
And sorry little Miss C got a black eye, Addison got one at 8 months thanks to a ladder back chair that she was trying to climb. Needless to say the chair won.

;)Rachel

Jodee said...

The stuffed car is hilarious! I bet he was sooo surprised!

Love the pictures of Miss Priss! She couldn't be any cuter! We've had black eyes too!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh Les, I am sitting in my hotel room laughing at the thought of Jas in that car packed with balloons...that is hilarious!!

Poor Miss Priss....those black eyes are the worst!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Lisa

Jeni said...

You know Jason felt special that day! I bet Bryce was cracking up.

Yikes that eye looks terrible! Hopes it's almost all better soon.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Bless her heart..she is just too sweet for words!!!

You are so funny with the car..how fun is that!!! Love it!
-sandy toes

Anonymous said...

That was too funny!! I bet he will always remember that day. Those other guys will too,hehe. Poor Miss Priss with her little eye. Hope she is all better now. I remember those days so well. Maddy is 8 and she still has them. Lets just say her bike is not her best friend. Hope yall have a great day~

Wendy said...

So unrelated to your post...but I have pillows made out of the red dragonfly fabric on your curtains! Great taste ;-)

Glitter & Bliss said...

She is such a doll...even with her little black eye. What a beautiful family!

Shannon said...

That is hilarious about his car! I would have loved to pass him on his way home....that would have looked funny. :)

Poor C!! But as always, she makes a great picture! :)

Blessings from the Reeds said...

You guys are great! I bet he was so surprised. Funny too how he tried to stuff them in the trunk. ha!

Oh, Miss priss looks even beautiful with her shiner! Seeing her makes me miss Lauren at that age. She is a doll and I bet a lot of fun too!

Anonymous said...

OHHH no poor baby girl!!! I think each one of my kids have a had a bruise like that on there face courtesy of the end table,chairs etc etc!!! LOL

Abby likes those portable freezer packs to suck on! Whatever works!

Love Miss Priss Gymbo outfit!!! Im addicted to that store!!!! YIKES!

Luv,L

Jenni said...

Hey there!
That is hilarious about the balloons, and so funny that you got to see his reaction to them! :) I am so sorry that your little one got a black eye; that seems to happen at least once.

I hope you have a great day! :)

Jenni said...

Hi again!
I just read your comment and wanted to say to please definitely still post your no bake recipe (as long as you want to, of course!) Can one have too many no bake recipes? :)
And that is so funny about your neighbor lady, too! Ah, I guess every neighborhood has to have one of them!

Robin Beck said...

I loved the stuffed car...How very funny!

Little Miss Priss is so cute even with a shiner! My grandson crashed into things so much when he was her age that we nicknamed him crash...He is 6 now and we still call him that! :)

Robin~♥

Liz Harrell said...

What a precious family you have! And her little black eye is so pitiful!

Huse Yo Mama said...

What a great idea! I think JD would have probably just let them fly away. ha!

Your pictures of the are just the cutest!

Amber M. said...

Poor little Miss Priss!! I think the mommy always feels worse than the bonkee, though. I remember when Anna fell down our stairs at a new house while Tony was deployed and she got two black eyes and I skipped church so people wouldn't think I beat my child!!

The Berry's Patch said...

Oh, she looks so cute with her first black eye. :-)

Rae said...

Those balloons are awesome! Way to go, Les! Poor Miss Priss! I'm sure she's recovered and is better than new. Thinking of you as I try to find the perfect feather tree!!

Nicole said...

Oh! Poor Miss Priss! She's still adorable- even with the shiner!
LOVE the car o' balloons! What a site he must've been driving down the road like that! You're an inspiration.

Belinda said...

Hey Leslie,

Awah I love the car with balloons too funny I bet miss C had fun playing with then when he got home. I cant beleive she is eating an Apple! If I could just get Eddie to eat..
Love ya
B

Jaimee said...

Oh, love the picture of Miss Priss eating the apple. And her black eye...that's ouchy. I hope it heals up soon.

-Jaimee

Amanda said...

You all are too funny! Miss Priss is still just as beautiful with a shiner or no shiner! She's always dressed so cute!

Unknown said...

That is so funny! Sorry about the black eye. Thank you for your nice words they mean alot!

Darlene said...

The balloons in the car with him driving it....priceless!!!! Poor, poor Miss Priss. You know that hurt and the poor baby has a black eye...OUCH!!! Yep, we were in tees and capris last week and now it is COLD! Tonight we are supposed to have our first freeze in this area...29!!!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh, poor little Caroline! It just figures that she gets a black eye so close to the holidays. Last year Nina had a huge scrape on her nose right when we were trying to get the Christmas card photo. Luckily I have photo editing software and we just erased the mark so that no one thought we were beating her up! But we laugh about the original photo, because it really does look like she is a little Bruiser! :)
Carrie