Monday, March 1, 2010

Let me read your mind dear family and friends...

... could it possibly be saying things like: 'You ARE alive!' ... 'Long time no see!' ... 'Boy those kids are BIG now!' ... 'Is that really the same Bryce and Caroline that are frozen in time in your header that you desperately need to update?' ...


Where do I even begin? How about I try to sum up the last oh, I dunno, 12 or so months of my bloggy hiatus? Grab a big cup of java, Pull up a chair, Pop your feet up, Stay awhile ...

Jason was deployed for six months in 2009. He made rank while he was deployed, which meant the Air Force needed to move us to another base. He got the orders for this move while deployed. I found a realtor to use and signed on the dotted line. He came home and we put the 'For Sale' sign in the yard within a week. The big shock came when the house sold in 2 weeks~ We were truly blessed in the current market. The buyers wanted to close earlier than we were pcs'ing so the movers came, packed our things to move to a storage location, and we moved into a temporary furnished rental house.

A few months later we 'paid it forward' and donated Jason's Volvo to the St Louis Salvation Army to help another family. Our great Midwest friends threw an awesome surprise going away party for us and then we packed the UHaul, whistled the Beverly Hillbilly's song and headed to our new assignment... Charleston, South Carolina! The state that is home to my Dad's alma mater~ the Gamecocks. Bryce is thrilled! And a mere 30 minutes from the beach? I am thrilled! This city is amazing and we can not wait to see all it has to offer us. The base sure is one ugly duckling of an AF base, but the kids and I don't hang out there so no big deal-i-o in the grand scheme.

We got the keys to our home, the moving company came the following day to deliver our things, we were left with enough boxes I think we could have made a ladder to the moon, Bryce started in at a new school 1/2 way through the year, Caroline got used to a big girl bed and 'helped' unpack, and Jason started his new job as a Flight Chief.

Then my world quite literally crashed around me.

Jason got terribly sick. Sick like I have never seen before. He was in the hospital in late December, released, then back in January where he pretty much spent the whole month. They gave him a 5% chance of living. 5%. That is still so hard to say or type. I have never been more scared. My world was rocked like never before and I hope never again. And in a new place where the kids and I did not know a soul. Not a single soul met yet. Doubly worse.

Then my world was lifted and I felt love in a sad time like I have never felt before.

Friends near and far rallied and prayed. I mean prayed hard. Jason was on prayer chains all around the world. Emails through his career field were making their way around the globe, eliciting more prayers for his healing. It was truly something amazing.

I cried a LOT behind closed doors. I was trying keep it all 'normal' for the kids. By day I was Supermom and by night when they were tucked up safe and sound and dreaming, I was a hot mess. We had just turned their world upside down with the deployment and sudden move and they knew something was really wrong with their Daddy because we were going to visit him daily in the hospital... but I could not let them know how really wrong it was with him.

Then we saw His power. He heard all of those prayers and answered them! Jas was released from the hospital at the end of January! In February, at a 2nd opinion appointment at MUSC, he was told he was 100% healthy and the doctors were amazed. Stunned. Speechless. Answerless. They do not know what made Jason's liver shut down, causing so many other problems to trickle. They said there is no way to ever know. It is insanely scary...the not knowing part, but we now know Jason has some special angels working for him! We keep the faith and move Onward and Upward.

So, after all of this crazy in our lives, we celebrated the good and healthy crazy we've got goin' on and went to Disney for a week at the end of May/early June. What better place to do a great big 'ole happy dance than at the happiest place on earth?!? We did and it felt so damn good!

I have TONS of pictures that have been uploaded in no particular folders over the past year, so I will try to make sense of it and get cracking!

I sure have missed you all! I have been peeking at blogs here and there but haven't been leaving many comments. Have you ever been so behind you are just literally overwhelmed? That is me right now. I am sitting with my blog list this week and will be making my rounds and I. Can't. Wait!

I'm excited to catch up blogland! xo

12 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! I am so HAPPY to see you back....and OH MY, the kids have really changed and grown up during your litle bloggy hiatus:)

I know that this last year has definitely been a test of strength on so many levels for you and your sweet family........I am just so thrilled that you made it through the rough patch, Jason is healthy again and things are back on course! Smooth sailing ahead my friend!!

SO SUPER EXCITED TO MEET YOU IN JULY.......I AM STILL WALKING UP IN THE CLOUDS and my feet have not hit the ground since Sunday:)

Love and Hugs~

Lisa

Amber M. said...

You can't imagine my delight when there was a new post from you on my google reader this morning! And of course, I cried while reading your post and hearing about the trials your family has endured over the past little while.

I'm so happy that things are looking up. I'm so happy that Jason is healed. Healed. And I'm so happy that you're blogging again. So happy.

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I MISSED YOU! To see your name pop up on my dashboard made my day and THEN to read your story....oh my sweet friend! I am in "aw" at what all you and your family have been through. Praise God for answered prayers!!! Add me to the list of people praying for continued upward moving. Big hugs to you and those beautiful kids!~Robin

Mimi said...

Hello! I came here via your comment on Lisa's blog.
What a year you've had, fair play to you for making it through.
Enjoy Lisa's workshop, I wish I could be in that beautiful town, but from Ireland it's a bridge too far this summer...maybe another time.

Jodee said...

Welcome back! We missed you like crazy cakes!

What a scary year you have had. So glad Jason is healthy again. Hang in there!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh my gosh. I cannot believe what you have all been through. You poor girl. Your poor family. I am SO glad you are OK and that your husband is OK. Praise the Lord!!!

I am so glad to see you back, friend!
Carrie

Donna said...

Oh my gosh! What a roller coaster of a year you've had! I'm so glad your story had a happy ending.

I'm looking forward to meeting you in July. I was in the Military for ten years so I might be one of just a few of your blog readers who knew what PCSing is. Good memories. Hopefully just happy ones from here on out for you guys!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Belinda said...

Hey Girlfriend!
Cant beleive that the one day I dont check your blog you update it.. HAHA I had to be told on the phone that you did an update! you know I had you on our prayer list at MOPS and so happy that Jas is now back to himself! that was so scary!
Love you
B

Melissa said...

So glad you are back! :) And can't wait to see all the photos from the past year!! Glad that Jason is 100% and I pray that all 4 of you stay that way!! xoxo

Casey said...

What a year!!!! I'm so so happy to hear your husband is doing well and is healthy. What a blessing!! And we are not far from each other in your new city... I live in Raleigh, NC. Can't wait to meet you at Lisa's workshop!

Jenni said...

YOU'RE BACK! I have missed your blogging so much! :)

I am so, SO happy and thankful to hear that Jason is completely better! I cannot even begin to imagine what it has been like for you the past year! I am praying that things will slow down for you, that you will have time to breathe and be!

Again, so glad to hear that Jason is well! :)

Blessings to you,
Jenni

Jeni said...

Your back. Yippee!!!