...He Loves Me Not! My poor hubby helps me each time we have to go through this 'decoration MESS of a closet'! And right now, this MESS if VERY apparent. You see, we're painting all of our doors black and changing out the hardware from builders brass to satin nickel so with no door on we have to look at THIS! He's rushing through to finish before he leaves for a TDY on Friday. Can he beat the clock?!? Yeppers, because I've had some fun painting, too! Wish us luck though because it's pretty humid here tonight so I hope the 1st coat on the last few doors dries so we can put the 2nd coat on in the morning. Miss Priss has no bedroom door right now. Fingers crossed she sleeps o.k. tonight and has a good nap time tomorrow, too. Momma NEEDS those nap times of hers you know!!! ;)
This is what we get for buying a house 'sight unseen' from Germany... Lesson learned! We did NOT realize how small the storage closets were and that we really do NEED a basement! This is after our massive garage sale earlier this month, too. Yikes!!!
Most of our fall decs are in tubs in the attic above the garage because THIS closet is filled to the brim (literally) with Christmas storage tubs! The Christmas trees are all in the attic, so this is only the tubs. Lordy, I might have a problem! "Hello, my name is Leslie and I have a decorating/storage problem..." ;)
I do have a few odds and ends things in the front of this closet where I literally just stashed them as I was putting out fall this past weekend. Can you see my 'Bryce-size' Santa's red jacket peeking out from under the trash bag? He is my absolute FAV! I'll take some fall pics soon~ Almost ready! XO
19 comments:
i! I have a closet or two like that myself!
Oops! It should have said, "I LOVE it!"
Oh, girl you are not alone! Even as I write this, I have a bedroom closet that is SO full of sheets, blankets, suitcases, you name it, that we cannot close the door. This is on my agenda for tomorrow, because I kept telling myself I would do it when the kids went back to school!
Anyway, I can't wait to see how it looks when you finish the doors, new knobs, etc. and I will say a little prayer that Caroline will sleep not only well tonight, but during tomorrow's naptime! :)
Have a good night! :)
Oh you crack me up!!!
Too bad we don;t live closer, I would lend you some storage space in our basement! I was just down there digging around today...more fall decor coming out!!
Hope Miss Priss sleeps well tonight and hope that paint dries in the humidity!
Lisa
Well, I'm excited to see the finished product and all your fall decorating! Good Luck with bedtime and naptime. I'm not sure how that'd go here too since the boys sleep with doors closed pitch black. I wish it would cool off here enough to start feeling like fall.
Hello!
I love your little intro, "Hello. My name is..." To cute! :o) I have a good friend from high school living in Germany. He went over in the military and married and stayed! :o)
Wow! Black doors. How wonderful that will look! Safe journey for your husband! :o)
Have a wonderful day!!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
You are not alone!! I can't wait to see all your fall stuff!
Girlfriend I feel for you~ never enough space!!! It could be my moto
I second Nicole...I think we all have a closet like that at our homes. It's like the dirty little secret...:-)
There never seems to be enough storage. We don't have a basement either and I have to store a lot of my stuff above the garage. Just a pain getting it down and then having to put it back up again. I always say I am going to get rid of most of the stuff and I do but then I like to shop so....you get the picture.
Hilarious! (Well, probably not to you) Good luck with all your painting, that can be a real pain but I bet you will love the results when you are done! Can't wait to see them!
Carrie
Good luck with naptime--there is no way my little boy would sleep one wink with no door on his bedroom!!
~ Sarah
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have a storage closet that looks just like this! Our decorations are everywhere!
Ha! Hey I have more than one closet that looks like that! Can't wait to see what your doors look like.
Love your blog! I am visiting for the first time. You have a beautiful family:) I too have a closet like this. I can't wait to see the end result. I hope your post a picture of it. Don't you just love the Fall time? Too bad it still feels like summer here in Texas. Good luck to you!
yes. i know too well closets like that. Can't wait to see the Fall decor and the doors. cherry
Thank you for your comment on my blog--and for your prayers too.
Sarah
You are so funny! It seems no matter how big or small a house is..you will always have closets or drawers like that!
I hope you take pictures of your doors!
Fun blog! -Sandy Toes
Oh, I hope your paint dries quickly. We too have small closets stuffed with STUFF!! I can't wait to see all of your Fall decorations! I would love to have a big house with BIGGER closets for all the STUFF! Wishful thinking!!!
Post a Comment